Firmware Update v0.3.1 for Ugoos AM6 & v0.3.1 for Cube X2/X3 Models
This update will not come via OTA automatically. You need manually install this update in order to use it. Using release candidate firmware you still will be able to update your device via OTA, if you want to continue using automatic stable updates.
New update brings a really big bunch of improvements. This time we pay a lot of attention to our video settings. Trying to make them more logical and user-friendly, we made a huge rework. Mention the most important one here:
- Update logic of Dolby Vision function: now DV enables only when video source contains DV streams and provide a force start for this function. Also added conversion from Dolby Vision to HDR10 if your TV does not support the first option but supports the second one and HDR10+ to HDR10. By the way, if your output device does not support DV at all, this setting will not be available automatically.
- Due to your requests: we have disabled “SDR to HDR” function by default. Also added color mode settings for 4k 50-60Hz modes, changed a logic of color modes for bad HDMI cables. Added ability to mute in HDMI and SPDIF sound source.
Another big pack of improvements related to network settings and surroundings:
- Fixed a lot of bugs regarding local network options: added write to external storages permissions for apps (CIFS, NFS clients), fixed long shutdown if CIFS client connected via Wi-Fi, fixed bug of general unmount for CIFS, NFS clients and others
- We have added security option to CIFS client (Authentication protocol)
3. Added SMB2, SMB3 support for CIFS client
All the list of improvements and changes are in the changelog down there.
Changelog 25.10.2020 v.0.3.1
1. Added support of multichannel PCM audio in HDMI
2. Fixed playing of big MP4 HTTP streams
3. Fixed HDR10+ work
4. Added conversion from HDR10+ to HDR10, if not supported
5. Now, Dolby Vision enables only when source is Dolby Vision and added setting for force enable Dolby Vision
6. Added conversion from Dolby Vision to HDR10 if TV not support Dolby Vision and support HDR10
7. Hide Dolby Vision settings in case if not supported by device
8. Disabled SDR to HDR by default
9. Added color mode setting for 4k50-60 Hz modes
10. Some changes of color modes in auto mode for bad HDMI cables
11. Some visual changes of Color mode settings
12. Fixed some HDMI hotplug bugs
13. Added saving resolution and color modes for OTA updates
14. Added write to external storages permissions for apps (CIFS, NFS clients)
15. Added security option to CIFS client (Authentication protocol)
16. Added support of SMB2, SMB3 to CIFS client
17. Fixed getting state of client (CIFS, NFS) if there are spaces in name of shared folder
18. Fixed long shutdown if CIFS client connected via Wi-Fi
19. Fixed bug of general unmount for CIFS, NFS clients
20. Some improvements of mount CIFS, NFS clients after network connect
21. Changed some strings for CIFS, NFS clients settings
22. Fixed saving volume level for bluetooth devices
23. Fixed SPDIF passthrough for using auto surround setting
24. Added ability mute of HDMI and SPDIF sound
25. Moved power action settings from Screen saver to Power in TvSettings
26. Added 1 minute for screensaver timer
27. Added 5 setting volume regulator steps
28. Added Belarus localization support
29. Some improvements of Update Service
30. Fixed location settings for new google play services
31. Hide virtual device of ATV remote service in Gamepad settings, Input devices settings
32. Fixed rare bug when display mode did not return with system AFR function
33. Fixed SPDIF sound clicks on X3
And 0.3.1 additional updates:
1. Fixed CPU load problem
2. Re-hide Dolby Vision settings
This week we have launched two new products in our Brand line: Ugoos X4 TV Box Series A middle-price device with a well-known Amlogic S905x4 SoC becomes a good companion for any digital task including media playback with AV1 video ...
0.4.2 firmware is a release candidate! It soon will be available via OTA for your device! Changes' announce in coming v.0.4.2 1. Fixed Magisk update process 2. Fixed option of disabling auto power-on for new devices 3. Few syst ...
Firmware Update v0.4.1 for Ugoos AM6 & Cube X2/X3 models is now a stable release! Important! 0.4.1 firmware is a release candidate! Soon it will be available via OTA when will turn into a stable version. Ch ...
Ugoos AM6 now can operate as a workstation for daily office tasks. A group from Manjaro ARM Team has created a rather stable build to use on Ugoos Brand devices with Amlogic S922 series SoCs. Manjaro distributives are available for download here: http ...