Firmware Upgrade Guide for Amlogic devices
What you need:
USB OTG Cable
Supported host OS: Windows XP (32/64bit) Windows 7 (32/64bit) Windows 8 (32/64bit) Windows 10 (32/64bit)
If you download OTA zip package there are two ways how update your device: via Android (list below main firmware guide) or via recovery.
If you download full firmware (zip file contains img file this guide and usb burning tool) please read following instructions.
USB Burning tool is common firmware for Amlogic SoC
1. You need to download the firmware archive. You should be sure, that using current firmware fits for your device otherwise it could cause harmful consequences.
2. Unpack zip archive. In directory, you can find firmware file “img” and USB_Burning_Tool_v220.127.116.11.
3. Installing USB_Burning_Tool_v18.104.22.168. During installation, you should allow to install additional drivers for amlogic devices detection.
4. Run and Change to English language in menu
5. Open firmware file (File-Import Image) and press start.
6. Connect device to PC via otg usb using usb A type cable. Device turns on automatically.
7. When PC detects device, reflashing starts automatically. If it has not happened, you should check amlogic drivers in device manager and repeat it’s installing.
8. After reflashing device you should see “result: burning successful” message and disconnect device from host PC.
9. Disconnect device from host PC.
OTA FIRMWARE UPGRADE (can be different on NON Ugoos devices)
Installing firmware from Android system:
1. Download the archive with firmware in zip format. Then place downloaded file on flash card or usb flash drive. Plug sd/flash card in device.
2. Start device, run settings, then about:
3. Run system update:
4. In “Local update” menu press “select” button and choose the update zip file:
5. Then press update: device reboot and start installing firmware. Do not power off device during installing.
Reflashing firmware from recovery menu:
1. Insert usb flash drive with OTA update package in Box
2. Hold recovery button and turn on the device
3. In recovery menu choose option “update from ext”
4. System let you choose sd card or usb drive. You should choose udisk.
5. Then you choose update zip file previously downloaded on usb drive and system start uploading, checking and installing firmware.
OTG usb ports on Ugoos devices:
If you bricked your device (soft brick):
The easiest way to solve this, without need of short circuit of the NAND pins, is to use Amlogic Bootcard Maker to make a bootable micro SD card with your device stock firmware.
Just upload firmware image on (Micro) SD Card and put it in your device.
You will be able to enter into recovery and the firmware will be flashed automatically. When the TV BOX reboots, remove the micro SD Card, this step is very important, wait 4-5 minutes and the update will completed.
This week we have launched two new products in our Brand line: Ugoos X4 TV Box Series A middle-price device with a well-known Amlogic S905x4 SoC becomes a good companion for any digital task including media playback with AV1 video ...
0.4.2 firmware is a release candidate! It soon will be available via OTA for your device! Changes' announce in coming v.0.4.2 1. Fixed Magisk update process 2. Fixed option of disabling auto power-on for new devices 3. Few syst ...
Firmware Update v0.4.1 for Ugoos AM6 & Cube X2/X3 models is now a stable release! Important! 0.4.1 firmware is a release candidate! Soon it will be available via OTA when will turn into a stable version. Ch ...
Ugoos AM6 now can operate as a workstation for daily office tasks. A group from Manjaro ARM Team has created a rather stable build to use on Ugoos Brand devices with Amlogic S922 series SoCs. Manjaro distributives are available for download here: http ...