Firmware update v 3.0.7 for Ugoos UT3/UT3s/UM3 and UT3+
Firmware update v. 3.0.6 for Ugoos UT3/UT3s/UM3 and UT3+
Since this update, we united all RK3288 devices under the same release base including Ugoos UT3+
Since today RK3288 TV Boxes’ owners get an access to update firmware v.3.0.7 via OTA.
Some details about important updates:
RKMC Ugoos theme
Popular XBMC fork based on standard KODI 16.1 is a general optimized version for RockChip devices.
We put our theme and change some standard settings in order to fit Ugoos devices more correctly.
If you update your device via OTA, you can choose if you want to stay with previous version or start using a new one. You can download Ugoos KODI separately HERE
Auto Frame Rate
Via playback of many video samples, we concluded that sometimes AFR function in KODI is choosing best options for playback due to different video parameters. For more convenience, we set tree options for Frame Rate:
Video resolution priority
Frequency resolution priority
Kodi has their own Frame Rate settings, so these options enabled in other players with using generic codecs.
Run AFR settings: Settings - Display – Autoframerate
This feature let users attach additional USB LAN ports. We add management tab in Ethernet settings, so now you can activate/deactivate and switch between LAN interfaces in one click. This feature was popular on Ugoos 4.4 Android devices based on RK3288 SoC and now we implemented it for RK3368.
Run Ethernet management: Settings – Network – Ethernet
New boot Animation
We added a new boot animation the same as in UT4 latest release.
What’s new in Ugoos gamepad settings?
Now gamers can easily share their saved gamepad profiles among friends who use UT4, UM3, UT3, UT3s devices. All profiles now saved in /sdcard/GamepadSettings. In order to use other profiles be sure the original file’s name remained the same. If you change name identification, gamepad settings cannot recognize particular device profile. You can only add some characters after main profile name.
More details about Gamepad settings in this article.
RockChip Game Controller Settings support
One more interesting feature for gamers, lets you use your phone like a game controller. At first time it appears on Android 4.4 firmwares, and now we restore full functionality for 5.1 lollipop. RK Game Controller processing is very similar with fireasy feature, so you need to install THIS app on your android-based mobile phone and connect the device via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. So you will get axes to customize not only buttons and selectors, but axes also.
Change log v 3.0.7
1. Fixed bug with blinking with 4k resolution on some TV`s
2. Added support of RkGameControllerSettings
3. Added Support of RKMC
4. Kodi updated to Ugoos Kodi based on Kodi 16.1 with RKMC patches
5. Added passthrough support for UT3+
6. Added system autoframerate
7. Added bug with Wi-Fi default available channels
8. Fixed bootloop problem with some devices
9. Improved USB processing
10. Added ability to use usb ethernet adapters
11. Now setting of OTG port saving after reboot
12. Fixed bug with audioinput in some apps (Skype, wechat)
13. UT3+: Added PIP control menu. Power menu -> PIP Settings
14. UT3+: Fixed bug with 720p resolution.
15. Improved GamepadSettings. Now you can easy share profiles. Profiles saving into /sdcard/GamepadSettings
16. Added ability disabling wake up by motions (mouse, gamepads)
17. Improved SystemUpdate app. Replaced email and calendar apps on apps from Google.
18. Updated GAPPS, YouTube, Chrome
19. Included Google Webview into the system
20. Changed boot animation
21. Fixed crash of keyboard into VPN Settings menu.
Phone application for RK Game Controller: DOWNLOAD
Img files and full ota packs folder: DOWNLOAD
Ugoos AM6 now can operate as a workstation for daily office tasks. A group from Manjaro ARM Team has created a rather stable build to use on Ugoos Brand devices with Amlogic S922 series SoCs. Manjaro distributives are available for download here: http ...
0.4.0 firmware is a release candidate! It soon will be available available via OTA for your device! Changes announce in coming v.0.4.0 eng: 1. Added screenshot mode setting for video (experimental) 2. Added experimental video codec fi ...
IMPORTANT: This is a release firmware! OTA update will come to the device automatically. If your device hasn't got an update, you can use the Increment OTA files at the bottom of this article. IMPORTANT! STARTING FROM THIS VERSION, AL ...
Important! 0.3.9 firmware is a release candidate! Soon it will be available via OTA, when turn into stable version. For users of the previous beta 0.3.8.1, an over-the-air update to 0.3.9 will be immediately avail ...